She may be a looker but Palin makes McCain look like a lecherous fool – what the heck was he thinking?!?
Who is Sarah Palin? Here’s some basic background:
- She was elected Alaska’s governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.
- Palin is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.
- She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000.
- Palin thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.
- She’s doesn’t think humans are the cause of climate change.
- She’s solidly in line with John McCain’s “Big Oil first” energy policy. She’s pushed hard for more oil drilling and says renewables won’t be ready for years. She also sued the Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species—she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska.
- How closely did John McCain vet this choice? He met Sarah Palin once at a meeting. They spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president. Then he offered her the position.
I’m sorry, but if I had a daughter I wouldn’t want anyone denying her an abortion if she got raped and became pregnant, (I can’t believe a woman could ever feel this way!), and I certainly wouldn’t want my kids to be taught that the world was created in 7 days, (even though we have scientific evidence that it’s billions of years old), and that the female race came from a guy’s rib!
Plus the Republican party, (of which I am a member), is screaming that Obama doesn’t have enough experience yet they’re putting this bimbo who’s been the governor of Alaska for only 1 1/2 years and has ZERO national and international experience, just a heartbeat away from being our president!!
You gotta look at reality – the guy is 72 years old and not exactly in the greatest shape… there is more than a slim chance that she could become our president. :-O
I’m sorry McCain – this was a good publicity move and you stole Obama’s thunder for a day but the blowback is gonna kill you buddy… this Republican is voting for Obama…